This athletics lesson plan looks at how to coach basic sprint starts – including teaching points, creativity resilience and tactics, assessment and evaluation of performance, and links to theoretical PE aspects.
The lesson plan will help PE teachers coach:
- positioning for all aspects of a sprint start
- how to begin a sprint race with a standing or semi-crouched start
- mental preparedness for race starts
- evaluation of the runners’ stance throughout the phases
- an understanding of the benefits of the crouched position
All our lesson plans, schemes of work, drills, assessment and evaluation sheets, and baseline tests are available on PE Office.