This badminton lesson plan explains how to perform the overhead clear shot in a rally – including objectives, teaching points and evaluation.
The lesson plan includes advice on how to:
- use the basic overhead shots used in badminton and the relationship between power and distance.
- improve the distance that they can hit the shuttle.
- use the clear as a defensive stroke to slow the pace of the game and regain position on court.
- use the clear to move an opponent around their court.
- make adjustments and adaptations when performing the overhead clear.
The lesson plan also includes cross-curricular activities for science, maths and English.
All our lesson plans, schemes of work, drills, assessment and evaluation sheets, and baseline tests are available on PE Office.