Covering the more advanced aspects of the forehand and backhand volley, this tennis lesson plan focuses on:
- moving to the net following a well-placed volley.
- the use of angles, slice and spin to create variety in ball movement and direction.
- how to make adjustments and adaptations when performing volleys under testing conditions.
- performing backhand and forehand volleys with accuracy and consistency.
- adapting strategies and tactics used in a singles game and apply them to doubles game.
The lesson plan also includes cross-curricular activities for science, maths and English, and links to theoretical aspects of PE looking at the positive and negative influences that spectators have on a match or event.
All our lesson plans, schemes of work, drills, assessment and evaluation sheets, and baseline tests are available on PE Office.