Kicking the ball from hand is an integral part of Rugby League. There are a number of situations where kicking can be the appropriate action – for example, to gain territorial advantage, push back the defensive line on the last tackle, and score points.
This lesson plan focuses on coaching grubber, bomb and drop kicks:
- when to use each of these kicking options.
- understanding the offside rules and how they affect kicking.
- the tactics of kicking to gain advantage on the field of play.
- chasing and following-up kicks.
- positioning of kicks into space and behind the opponent’s defensive line.
All our lesson plans, schemes of work, drills, assessment and evaluation sheets, and baseline tests are available with a subscription to PE Office.