This cricket lesson plan focuses on the pull shot – including understanding how this shot is played; what types of delivery are appropriate for the shot; what movements have to be made to perform the shot with accuracy.
The lesson plan will help PE teachers coach:
- the correct grip, stance and back-lift techniques
- how to make adjustments and adaptations when playing the pull shot
- how to develop the precision, control and fluency of pull shots
- how to incorporate the pull shot into a small sided drill to enhance performance
- the understanding, knowledge, awareness and mental capacity of the laws governing batting in cricket
This lesson plan also includes teaching points, cross-curricular links, assessment and evaluation of performance, and links to theoretical PE aspects.
All our lesson plans, schemes of work, drills, assessment and evaluation sheets, and baseline tests are available on PE Office.