This football lesson plan will help you coach defending skills at KS4 level.
Included in this lesson plans are coaching tips on:
- the defenders’ responsibilities in a game
- individual and team defensive skills of jockeying, closing down, keeping play in front of them, channelling play, and getting goal-side
- how to eliminate space for attacking players
- positioning skills and defensive awareness
- understanding and adapting defensive tactics during a game
The lesson plan also includes cross-curricular activities for creativity and resilience.
All our lesson plans, schemes of work, drills, assessment and evaluation sheets, and baseline tests are available on PE Office.